Do More with Data.
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm trying to submit my data from ODK Collect but i'm getting this error "...you have downloaded two different forms with the same form ID and version.."
If you receive the error "you have downloaded two different forms with the same form ID and version.." when attempting to submit data on ODK Collect and the "Send Finalized Forms" button, you have multiple versions of the form on your phone and one must be removed. Before removing any forms, we recommend backing up the data on your phone to ensure no data is lost. See this FAQ for instructions on how to do that. https://www.standardco.de/faq/how-to-recover-an-odk-folder-from-android-on-pc
How to remove an old version of a form:
- Open ODK Collect
- Select "Delete Saved Form"
- The screen that opens will have two tabs: Saved Forms and Blank Forms. You want to select "Blank Forms"
- On the Blank Forms screen, you will see all the forms currently downloaded to the phone. You will also see that some forms have multiple versions. This is what is causing the issue
- Select the oldest form by looking at the date that begins with "Added on.."
- Check the box next to this form and push the "Delete Selected" button at the bottom
- Navigate back to the main screen and select "Send Finalized Forms".
- Attempt to resubmit your saved forms. They should post now
Collaborate with us.
Real humans. Real business operators. Real data experts.Let's talk!
Real friends crafting your data experience.